Introduction to the history of Meldrum and Bourtie Parish Churches.
Originally two separate parishes, Meldrum and Bourtie were merged into a combined parish in 1942. Both parish churches have a long history. Bourtie Kirk celebrated 800 years of worship on the same site in 1995.
Whilst there have been several churches in Oldmeldrum over the years, the current place of Presbyterian worship was built in 1684. This building was known for many years as the South Church and has undergone internal and external structural changes over time. It was remodelled extensively in 1954. Celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of the renovation of Meldrum Parish Church were held in September 2004.
Click the links below to read more about the history of each church.